Ambassador Manager United Kingdom
Ambassador Manager United Kingdom
SRFACE is a direct-to-consumer wetsuit scaleup focussed on designing high-end products and delivering exceptional customer service. Since the launch of our brand in 2018 we’re growing rapidly in Europe.
We’re a passionate team of founders, partners, employees, and ambassadors. We love surfing. And we even love surfing in cold water. We believe that the more you surf, the better you feel. Amazed at the high price of quality wetsuits, we made it our mission to design the wetsuit we couldn’t find, at a price we could afford.
What you’ll do
As Ambassador Manager United Kingdom you’ll be responsible for growing and managing our ambassador team. Our ambassadors are like-minded surfers who spread the SRFACE story by creating amazing content and talking to other surfers at their local spot. They’re mostly (locally) well known free surfers who share the SRFACE mentality and who just want to surf. They’re not your typical ‘sponsored (semi) pro’, but truly embody our brand and what we stand for. You’ll define key regions and scout potential ambassadors there, contact and meet them (face to face or online) and get them excited about joining our ambassador team. You onboard and support ambassadors and help them spread the word and achieve their goals. As Ambassador Manager you’ll be responsible for generating ambassador content and referral sales. You will also manage communication with local media and event organizers and spot opportunities for partnerships.
A typical day as Ambassador Manager
You start your day by talking to a potential SRFACE ambassador: A well-known and friendly local surfer and shaper who surfs Newquay. You’re figuring out who the key players in the area are, and who to talk to. You contact a handful of potential new ambassadors in the area and schedule appointments. Later that morning you’ll have an onboarding presentation with two new ambassadors in Edinburgh. You present the SRFACE story and mission and get them up to speed and suited up. You ask them about upcoming trips and connect them to a photographer you know in the area to get some shots. After lunch, you visit a local spot in the area to scout for new ambassadors. In between appointments you check up with some ambassadors from your team who weren’t very active in terms of content and sales during the past couple of weeks. You learn that one of them is about to surf in classic conditions, and you propose an Instagram story takeover on the @srface account. In the afternoon you finish an article you wrote about a previous surf trip of one of your ambassadors, which will get published by a respectable English (online) surf magazine. You conclude the day finishing up some reports: How many people did we reach on social media, how many referral sales did your ambassadors generate?
About you & what we expect
- You love surfing and you rip
- You know the UK surf community, media and industry like no other
- You have a proven track record in team – and influencer management
- You are well respected in the surf community
- You love to motivate and sell, whether it’s a story or a product, and are focused and determined to reach your goals
- You’re a hustler and know how to motivate surfers and content creators
- You’re independent and organized: A self-starter who doesn’t need a boss to tell him or her what to do
- You’re not afraid to keep learning and receive feedback: You naturally ask questions and try to understand things
- You’re willing and able to travel
Why this is one of the coolest jobs in the world
- Flexibility: Work whenever and wherever you want. As long as you get the job done.
- Surf: When you’re surfing, you’re working.
- Work & learn: Work with and learn from an experienced team of like-minded entrepreneurs and surfers.
- Make money doing what you love: You’ll earn a basic salary of EUR 1000~1500 plus travel expenses, depending on your experience, based on 24 hours a week (0,6 FTE)
- Profit from the value you add: You’ll earn a monthly bonus based on the achievement of targets
We aim to become the world’s biggest surf company. Yep, that’s quite a mission. To accomplish this goal we’re looking for people who dare to dream big. Let’s talk by applying below…